Children with leukemia don’t suffer alonethe disease affects the entire family.
The financial burden can be overwhelming.
CLRA helps lessen the financial weight of the disease and provides assistance for leukemia-fighting expenses.
The Children's Leukemia Research Association, Inc., provides financial aid to leukemia patients and their families. These funds help lessen the burden of meeting expenses incurred in treating the disease. Both children and adults with leukemia who show financial need are considered for aid.
The demand for our Patient Aid package is overwhelming and we help as many people obtain what is vital in their fight against leukemia with up to $1500/year. This much needed aid can help offset the cost of outpatient lab work and outpatient chemotherapy.
The Patient Aid Program serves eligible patients throughout the entire United States, and those in need are invited to request an application by contacting the Association.
||Thank you so much for your generous support during our long journey and fight against childhood leukemia.
Without your help this would indeed be more of a financial burden.
The Marks Family!
Summary of Patient Aid Services
The Children's Leukemia Research Association, Inc. provides aid to leukemia patients and their families. The Board of Trustees, in conjunction with its Patient Aid Committee, sets the policies and standards for administering this Program.
Families seeking aid are encouraged to submit an application to our Patient Aid Director, accompanied by a letter of diagnosis from the attending physician stating that the patient is diagnosed with leukemia. If approved, aid will commence on the date of application.
All claims are investigated by the Patient Aid Committee, and once approved, money is allocated to the families to help cover approved medications and lab fees incurred in treating leukemia.
The Children's Leukemia Research Association, Inc. will provide partial aid to help with the following expenses:
• Laboratory Fees associated with leukemia only
• X-Ray Therapy Treatment or Chemotherapy Treatment of leukemia
• Leukemia Drugs
How the Patient Aid Program Works
- Patient submits application and doctor's signature, stating diagnosis.
Simply complete this form and print, or call or write to us for one.
- Upon approval of application, patient may send in claims for services or medications incurred after the date that the claim has been approved.
- Application and all claims will be reviewed by our Patient Aid Director, under the guidance of our Medical Advisory Committee. Checks for approved expenses to help meet the costs not covered by insurance, subject to availability of funds, will then be processed and mailed to the patient.
- To simplify the process for our patients, a letter detailing the procedure for completing and submitting claim forms will accompany the Patient Aid Application.
(All correspondence pertaining to patients will be confidential.)
Our patient aid program runs from January 1st through December 31st on a first come first serve basis and is subject to availability of contributions received.